Thursday 11 February 2016

Her

Her has been on my Netflix list for some time.  It's now off my list but in my head.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I felt my own connections to the characters and even to the OS Samantha, which was probably the point of the whole thing anyways.  The movie takes place in the near future, and it was nice to see a future concept that seemed believable, and livable despite it's creepiness.  This movie will make you feel uncomfortable at times, but will also make you feel happy, sad, and it will question what's you believe to be real and what isn't.  As a Christian it raises questions about what makes us human (or made in God's image) and while the ending didn't quite deliver how I'd hoped it would, I still really enjoyed it for it's thought provoking themes.  There are a couple really uncomfortable moments which would prevent me from recommending Her to anyone, but for someone open to technology and with a firm grasp on reality, I recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment