Thursday 4 February 2016

Homeland: Season 3

I adored the first season of Homeland.  I borrowed the DVD's from a friend and was captivated from the start.  I enjoyed it so much, in desperation I watched season 2 via some not so legal streaming sites, where they varied in quality, and "speed", buffering really kills any momentum in any television show, let alone one where you hang on every word like Homeland.  Refusing to watch another season in such low grade quality I decided to wait for it to be on Netflix.  By the time the third season arrived, I was kind of "over it" but recently decided to give it a spin and see if I could recapture some of that magic.


I had to do some reading to put all the pieces together, I was just about 4 years removed from the previous season.  Season 3 was relatively self contained once I was reacquainted with the cliffhanger from last year, so I didn't necessarily require vast knowledge of intricate details in order to get through.  I'd have to say this was the weakest of my 3 seasons of Homeland.  The Dana storyline was so mundane, every time it cut to her I rolled my eyes.  Thankfully half way through the show writers wised up and pretty much wrote her out of the script.  The 2nd half was much more satisfying to the point where I wanted to watch back to back episodes, rather than constantly pressing X on my PS4 to see how much longer some of those earlier episodes were going to drag on.


The season ends nicely, peacefully, and really could have been a series finale.  The show returns for season 4, but I'm not sure I will.  I recommend Season 1 and 2 absolutely, and if you've gone that far, season 3 is not a complete waste of time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment