Wednesday 10 August 2016

Seinfeld: Season 1

I purchased the complete series of Seinfeld during "Prime Day" from Amazon for $38.  I was hoping to find this series digitally, but physical was the only format it's available without subscribing to another streaming service.  Everyone knows the show is fantastic, but the first series is a little rough and quite short at only 5 episodes.  As you'll remember, this season features Jerry's "first" dad, who is much less charismatic than the actor portraying his father in later episodes.  Still though, some classic moments early on in this series life.  How can you possibly not recommend.

Favorite Episodes:

1.3 The Robbery - Jerry's apartment is broken into, George finds him a new one but finds out he wants it too. Jerry: "[They stole my] answering machine... Boy, I hate the idea of somebody out there returning my calls."

1.4 Male Unbonding - Jerry doesn't like his childhood friend who keeps persisting they get together. He decides to break up with him like he would a girlfriend.  George: ""So we order lunch and we're talking. Finally she blurts out how it's not working. So as she's saying this I'm thinking, 'Great, the relationship's over and the egg salad's on the way.' So now I've got the decision - do I walk or do I eat? ... Sat there for twenty minutes chewing. Staring at each other in a defunct relationship."




No comments:

Post a Comment