Thursday 6 April 2017

Metallica: Through the Never

Continuing on my recent trend of Joe Rogan I stumbled upon a podcast with James Hetfield, Metallica front man.  I was a big Metallica fan "back in the day" but as I've slowed down, so has my taste in music.  I still like the classic Metallica, but anything released after The Black Album just doesn't cut it in my opinion.  Anyways, in this podcast James is talking about his "failed" movie, and being a one time kinda big fan, I wanted to check that out.

Through the never is in fact a movie, it's more of a concert movie however.  The majority of the film is a concert performance, but it's intertwined with shots of a young stage-hand who's sent on a mission to retrieve a bag for the band.  Chip leaves the concert and goes on an apocalyptic journey to retrieve the bag.  It's pretty cool and fit's in well with the music.  Metallica music plays throughout, there is very little dialogue.

If you like the music, you'll likely enjoy what's here.  If not, I cannot recommend this movie under any circumstance.


No comments:

Post a Comment