Friday 31 March 2017

Joe Rogan Live

I've been following Colin Moriarity around the internet as he has recently left his gig at "Kinda Funny" after a fallout from a silly twitter joke.  Colin's appeared on Rubin Report, which I found intriguing, but even more so, the Joe Rogan Experience.  I've been listening to podcasts since their inception, but have stuck primarily to video game ones, it's all changing now.  My horizons seem to be expanding and I'm really enjoying the complexity of the topics discussed on Rubin and Rogan.  I'M GETTING OLD!  (It's about time).  Anyways, what I really like about Rogan is his relaxed approach to interviews, he seems so calm, intelligent, and unbiased.  He's not a yes man, but doesn't put people down.  So I decided to put on one of his stand-up acts to get a little more insight into the man behind the podcast.  Talk about disappointing.  Sex jokes galore, nothing fresh here.  I get it, sex sells, and perhaps Rogan was trying to do whatever he could to gain popularity/traction in Hollywood, but it wasn't the Joe Rogan I've come to appreciate on the experience.  As he's aged, as have I, so I'll take the elder Rogan over young Joe any time. He's settled down, like I have, and as long as his maturity stays where it is, I'll be a fan of the Joe Rogan experience.  As for this special though?  Pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment