Wednesday 6 December 2017

Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond - Featuring a Very Special, Contractually Obligated Mention of Tony Clifton

I wouldn't call myself a Jim Carrey "Fan" but I know him fairly well and have seen the majority of his work.  He's funny, there's no denying that.  Andy Kaufman, I'm not so familiar with so I wasn't sure how much I'd get out of this doc.  Well, I got a lot out of it.  I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few days and found myself recommending it to anyone with a Netflix account. Quick Synopsis:  Jim Carrey gets his dream role of playing Andy Kaufman and after staying in character for 2 years, forgets who he was.  The movie is tale that's been told many times, about how fame and fortune does not equate to happiness, however when it happens to someone you feel you know, or at least thought you knew, someone who seems like a laugh a minute guy, it just hits.  I'd imagine what Jim is going through it similar to what Robin Williams did.  It's a good watch and worth your time.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment