Wednesday 6 December 2017

The Big Sick

My first Amazon Original movie.  I'm happy to report the movie streamed in 1080p just fine and it was a very similar experience to Netflix.  With that out of the way, the movie follows your typical tropes of a rom-com, but it's presented well and I found it generally enjoyable.  It's not officially a Judd Apatow movie, but it sure does feel like it, it has his DNA all over it. Quick synopsis:  A Packistani comedian and his white girlfriend deal with relationship issues/cultural differences as things become serious, girlfriend gets sick and almost dies which brings everyone together.  I liked everyone in it but the female lead.  I can't say "you gotta see it!" but it wasn't a bad way to spend a morning after a night shift.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment