Saturday 7 January 2017

Schindler's List

A movie I should have seen a long time ago, but finally got around to seeing some 23 years after release after it and a number of other Spielberg movies showed up on Netflix last week.  It’s an iconic movie and I’ve known a lot about it just from it’s impact on other films etc.   Everyone knows about the girl in the red coat right?  With a 3 and a half hour runtime, I watched it in 2 parts (which is how I watch the majority of my movies these days) and can honestly say I feel for those who sat in uncomfortable movie theatre seats back in the early 90’s to watch this movie.  It’s not that it’s bad by any means, it’s just not exactly very “fast”.  I was over an hour in before Schindler turns “good” for lack of a better term.  It’s  a part of movie history, a film everyone should watch even just to educate themselves a little bit more about the holocaust.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment