Thursday 16 February 2017

The Imitation Game

The Imitation Game, what I thought was going to be a dramatic thriller, turned out to be quite a somber affair.  Another 2016 Oscar Nominee, I’ve had this one on my Netflix list for a while.  I’ve started just playing movies with my wife in the room so we don’t sit there deliberating for a half hour in regards to what to watch.  If she likes it, she’ll close her laptop and join, otherwise she’ll just keep on surfing.  The laptop closed for this one.  Yet another WWII movie, this one’s quite a bit different, as it takes you far far from the battlefield to a group of “scientists” attempting to break the Enigma code.  The primary protagonist is fighting some personal demons and they’re played out as the movie jumps to different time periods in his life throughout the film.  It was easy to feel sorry for Benedict Cumberbatch’s character, but difficult to relate.  To talk on that subject any further would land me in spoiler territory.  It’s a well-made film and worth a look.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment