Thursday 16 February 2017

Trumbo

As I continue to work through last year’s Oscar Nominees I’ve come to realize that I’ve been spoiled somewhat.  Watching all these well recognized films back to back to back to back will do that I guess.  So while Trumbo was a fine film, I can’t help but criticize and say “but not as good as Bridge of Spies”.  So taking the film on its own merits, it’s a good movie.   Our political landscape seems to be all kinds of crazy these days, but this movie proves that things were equally strange back in the early 50’s (albeit completely flipped as of where we are today).  Bryan Cranston plays an unconventional communist who is considered the “best in the biz” in Hollywood when it comes to script writing.  His political views find him blacklisted, so he becomes a ghost-writer to maintain his family’s needs.  Ah good ol’  Cranston, always taking care of his family.  I thought it was okay, but I would have been just as well off having not seen it.  In the end, I wouldn’t really recommend it.  If the subject matter interests you, then you just might LOVE it, but for now I say, pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment