Thursday 9 February 2017

The Martian

Another Oscar nominated film albeit completely snubbed, which came as a delight to me.  I didn’t particularly care for The Martian.  The film, nor the character, but primarily the character.  I’ve never been a huge Matt Damon fan, all but dismissing the Bourne movies as a franchise, I’m not saying I’m “right” there are millions who love them, I’m just not one of them.  I’d heard great things about the film, and the premise seemed interesting enough and I’d wanted to see it for some time.  The movie does a good job of breaking down the science behind Damon’s survival and the rescue, I just didn’t care for Damon’s character.  If you’re stranded alone on a planet with no hope of rescue for 4 years, and that’s IF they determine you are alive, are you really going to be so full of one liners and smart ass remarks?  I know they left you for dead, but they thought you WERE dead.  Get over yourself.  Now that I think about it, the whole cast grinded me, I could go on but it’s not worth it.   Pass.

Actually, just leave him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment