Monday 18 January 2016

Grand Budapest Hotel



Continuing my plan to watch all last year’s Oscar Nom’s for Best Picture (available on Netflix anyways) I caught “Grand Budapest Hotel” today.  Probably the least anticipated on the list, but the runtime at 99 minutes fit the bill between night shifts.  Labeled a comedy, I far from found it “funny”, but did find it rather intriguing.  A few smiles were cracked, but no LOL’s were had, the story was interesting and compared to most comedies this day, I would have to say I’d prefer this type of comedy over the shock-humour that every other comedy goes for.  A pleasant way to spend an hour and a half, it’s not for everyone, and wouldn’t make it on any of my “best of” lists, but not bad enough that I think you should skip, so with that, recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment