Thursday 2 April 2015

Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I don't watch many movies that precede my date of birth, nothing against them, perhaps it's my inability to "relate" ... regardless of that fact, I really enjoyed Dr. Strangelove. I've always been a fan of dialog, can't explain it, but I've fallen asleep during many action sequences in movies, but am quite compelled by conversation. That fact along with the performances in this movie make a film taylor made for someone like me. Peter Sellers is the big star in this film performing 3 rolls, but for me personally, George C. Scott steals the show as General Buck Turgidson. His performance has to be in my top 5 most likable characters ever. This movie is going to require multiple viewings to really appreciate it's brilliance. I stumbled upon some quotes last night on IMDB and appreciated them even more the 2nd time through, they come so fast and so quick, I'm sure I missed more than half of them. If you're looking for something a little different from the everyday hollywood rehash, you really should check out Dr. Strangelove.

Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb 

No comments:

Post a Comment