Thursday 2 April 2015

The Birds

Despite remembering bits and pieces of it, I'm not sure I'd ever seen this movie in it's entirety until now. Considered by most to be a "classic" I'm glad to now have it behind me, and despite it's eeriness, I won't be in for a repeat viewing. Is this a horror movie? I'd have to say "yes" however now spoiled by today's effects, it's almost painful to watch at this point. Tensions build throughout the movie, the long slow glares without a musical score only add to the anticipation of things yet to happen. That being said, I didn't find the film overly scary, it ends wide open to interpretation, which left me disappointed. That's my opinion however, and not the general consensus by any means. I WANT ANSWERS personally, they're not given. It's hard for me to say "DO NOT WATCH" but I'd say go in open minded and keep it open for the full duration.

The Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment