Thursday 2 April 2015

Super 8

I rarely go to the theater, we have a new one in town now though which may (or may not) increase my movie going attendance however. That being said, Super 8 was one of those movies I wanted to see in a theatre and never did. So when the home video relase became available, I quickly jumped at the chance to view it. High expectations are always a bad thing when it comes to movies I find, and Super 8 was no different. I'd heard so many great things about this movie prior to it's theatrical release, and then high praise post release from people/sites I trust. I really enjoyed the characters in the film, the casting was great and really you couldn't have asked more from there. I had a few beefs with the plot and the execution however which kept this film from getting 5 stars. It's not a horrible plot, I just feel (without spoiling anything) it could have been better. Solid 4 star flick. Recommended. I am really late with this review.

Super 8

No comments:

Post a Comment