Thursday 2 April 2015

Moneyball

I like baseball, I like movies, perfect fit right? No. Perhaps the fact that I knew the A's hadn't won a world series that year ruined the drama for me, but honestly I just didn't find the film very intriguing. I'm in the minority here, critics pretty much universally loved this film. I found it boring and was even caught doing the head-bobs "why don't you head up to bed" ... yeah, my interest wasn't held. I do believe "based" on a true story usually means exactly that, "based", this movie would have been much better had they just stretched the truth a leeeetle more and had the A's win the World Series. Not recommended. Side note: Seeing a lot of user reviews saying something to the effect of "I hate baseball but I love this movie" ... perhaps that's the problem.
 
Moneyball

No comments:

Post a Comment