Thursday 2 April 2015

The Help

This is a chick flick. There's absolutely no denying that, of the 2.5 hours this runs, there's a dude on scene for probably 15 minutes (and I do believe that to be generous). Everything about this movie appeals to women, which is probably why every female I know has either seen it in the theatre, bought or rented it. That's not to say there's nothing here guys will appreciate, lots of pretty girls all dolled up for most of the film is something most males will take a liking to. Underneath all the "drama" there is a compelling story, although not nearly as horrifying as I'd expected. This is not "Mississippi Burning". A little long in duration (although I according to my wife, they like totally skipped some pretty big plot points found in the book ;) ) but not a bad way to spend a Sunday evening. Recommended.

The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment